Assistant Professor with Tenure Track in Accounting (M/F)
The University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Enseignement Comptabilité Finance
Présentation de l'établissement
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.
The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance offers three Bachelor programmes, six Master programmes and six Masters of Laws (LL.M.), as well as several continuing education courses. It also includes the Doctoral School in Law and the Doctoral School in Economics and Finance. Around 2,500 students from 90 different nationalities are enrolled at the Faculty. Academic staff from 18 different nationalities teach at the Faculty, supported by practitioners from the field, visiting scholars and guest professors. Rooted in Luxembourg but with a European and international outlook, the Faculty counts three research units:
• Research Unit in Law
• Centre for Research in Economics and Management, including the Luxembourg Centre for Logistics and Supply Chain Management
• Luxembourg School of Finance
Teaching and research benefit from the proximity of the European institutions, Luxembourg’s leading international financial centre and its vibrant business community. Institutional and private sector partnerships, sponsored Chairs and a growing network of international partner universities make the FDEF a vibrant academic hub at the heart of Europe.
Description du poste
• The Assistant Professor will assume the role of programme director of the Bachelor in Accounting and Taxation (Bachelor en comptabilité et fiscalité);
• S/he will teach financial accounting and/or managerial accounting and/or tax accounting in the Bachelor programme in Accounting and Taxation and in the FDEF’s Bachelor programmes. In addition, teaching at Master’s level at FDEF is foreseen;
• Familiarity with teaching Luxembourgish accounting standards, Luxembourgish tax accounting and/or Luxembourgish bank law will be considered an advantage;
• The assistant professor is expected to develop/to have strong national and international relationships with researchers and professionals in academia, industry, and government. S/he generates sponsored research and promotes technology transfer and entrepreneurship. Her/his responsibilities include managing personnel and budget
Profil recherché / Compétences requises
• Ph.D. in management, economics or law (accounting and/or tax law);
• Practical teaching experience in financial accounting and/or managerial accounting and/or tax accounting, with an emphasis on Luxembourgish legislation (if the candidate is not familiar with Luxembourgish legislation, it is expected that s/he acquires this knowledge in a short period of time after her/his appointment);
• University-level teaching experience;
• Administrative experience, preferably in the administration of study programmes;
• Experience with interdisciplinary research;
• The University of Luxembourg is located within a particularly rich multicultural environment. The selected candidate must master English language as well as one of the two official languages spoken in Luxembourg: French or German. The University staff is strongly encouraged to learn the other official language by giving free access to language course to reach this goal.
Documents à transmettre
Applications should contain
• An application form (available by sending an email to email@example.com).
• A motivation letter.
• A copy of the doctorate diploma.
• A detailed curriculum vitae including a list of publications.
• A statement of up to 6.000 characters (three pages) describing the scientific activities that the candidate wishes to carry out.
• A copy of the three publications that the candidate considers most representative of his or her research.
• A list of three references with their name, address and current position. Please indicate their relationship to you.
All applications should be sent by e-mail before 31 January 2019 to the following address:
Professeur Katalin Ligeti
Doyen de la Faculté de Droit, d’Economie et de Finance
Université du Luxembourg
4, rue Alphonse Weicker
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Link : http://emea3.mrted.ly/21muc
All applications will be handled in strict confidence.