1 Professor or Lecturer position in Corporate Social Responsibility and Business Ethics
IÉSEG School of Management, Lille
Enseignement RSE / Développement durable / Environnement
Présentation de l'établissement
ABOUT IÉSEG SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
• IÉSEG holds the “triple crown” of international accreditations (AACSB, AMBA & EQUIS) and is a member of the “Conférence des Grandes Écoles”. The School offers Bachelor, Master and Post-Graduate Degrees as well as Executive Education programs.
• IÉSEG is one of the leading French business schools in terms of research. The IÉSEG research center is accredited by the French CNRS (National Center for Scientific Research). The school actively promotes research, provides resources for active scholars and offers financial bonuses for high quality international peer-reviewed research publications. Our permanent professors have recently published articles in journals such as Management Science, AMJ, AMR, Organization Studies, Organization Science, Journal of Business Ethics, Business Ethics Quarterly, Business & Society, and Business Ethics: A European Review.
• IÉSEG offers a dynamic and international work environment with over 40 different nationalities represented. Crucial to the school are its core values: Accomplishment, Responsibility, Integrity, Solidarity and Engagement. The school’s ambition is to empower changemakers for a better society. The school offers employees a competitive salary, a relocation allowance and housing search assistance, French social security benefits, complementary health insurance, meal vouchers, a profit-sharing plan, and a contributory pension scheme. Our satisfaction survey among new hires shows that 100% of the respondents were (very) satisfied with the organization of their arrival on campus.
• Our Lille Campus is in the heart of the Northern French city of Lille (within the triangle made up by London, Paris and Brussels), and our Paris Campus (with a brand-new building) is located in the biggest European business district of “La Défense”. Both premises have an excellent classroom infrastructure as well as an energizing research environment.
More information about IÉSEG School of Management is available online at: http://www.ieseg.fr/en/
Description du poste
In response to its continuous growth, IÉSEG School of Management invites applications for a permanent position (starting September 2020) in CSR & Business Ethics (Lille Campus). The selected candidate will be part of the Management Department. The position will either be filled at the level of lecturer (part-time or full-time) or of assistant/associate/full professor (full-time).
Profil recherché / Compétences requises
ABOUT THE POSITION
Our selected applicant will be offered to teach courses in CSR/Business Ethics at the undergraduate, graduate and/or postgraduate level and also to contribute to the design and development of the school’s programs. Applicants should be completely fluent in English as nearly all courses at IESEG are taught in this language. Prior knowledge of French is not required as the School provides French courses to faculty members. Applicants should embody the values of the school and be team players.
Applicants for a lecturer position are expected to show evidence of excellent teaching skills. The candidate should have at least a Master’s degree in an area relevant for the vacant position and 5 years of corporate experience in CSR and/or a PhD in Management, CSR, Business Ethics or a related discipline.
Applicants for a professor position should hold a PhD (or be close to obtaining it). Applicants for the position of Assistant Professor are expected to have the potential to secure publications in top-tier refereed journals in the near future. For an appointment at the Associate/Full Professor level applicants are required to have (a) extensive higher education teaching experience; (b) a strong publication record in top-tier refereed journals; and (c) good networks in academia and/or professional circles at regional and international levels.
Documents à transmettre
To apply, please fill in the following form http://ieseg.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5BI3hf7utcGLlit and upload your application package. This should consist of the following merged into one PDF document indicating name and reference code “CSR20”:
• A curriculum vitae (mentioning the names, affiliations, and email addresses of two referees)
• A cover letter
• A research and teaching statement
• One working paper (not required for lecturer position)
• Recent teaching evaluations (if available)
Two recommendation letters should be sent separately by the referees to:
Dr. Frank Goethals
Head of Management Department
For any further question, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
THE FINAL CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS DECEMBER 7, 2019. IN ALL COMMUNICATION, PLEASE QUOTE REFERENCE: CSR20