PHD Scholarships - Entrepreneurial, Societal and Traditional PhDs
IMT Business School, Evry
Administratif Entrepreneuriat Innovation PME
Présentation de l'établissement
The Grande Ecole de Commerce of IMT-Institut Mines-Télécom, the leading group of engineering schools in France, Institut Mines-Télécom Business School is a public and socially inclusive school that trains responsible, innovative and open managers and entrepreneurs. around the world, in order to guide companies through the transitions at the heart of tomorrow's society, with strong expertise in digital technology. The school has 1,500 students, is included each year in the ranking of the best French and European business schools, and is AACSB and AMBA accredited.
Description du poste
The Institut Mines Telecom Business School (IMT-BS) is seeking 2 motivated PhD candidates to take up highly unique PhD positions under the supervision of A/Pr Todd Davey. You could pursue one of these three pathways: an ‘Entrepreneurial PhD’ (Entrepreneurial thesis and project), ‘Societal PhD’ (Societal impact thesis and project), or ‘Traditional PhD’ (Research thesis and project).
The selected people will be part of a major new knowledge-leadership initiative, including the development of new research in the field of regional innovation systems, the future of universities, university-industry collaboration, entrepreneurial universities, entrepreneurial ecosystems and entrepreneurial mindsets.
The successful candidates will be involved in the management and execution of European-funded projects for IMT-BS, other research and outreach activities as well as the SEED Entrepreneurship Major within the Programme Grand Ecole at IMT-BS.
What we offer
▪ a full-time funded PhD position (3 years) within the prestigious Paris Saclay University
▪ a pioneering research topic relevant in both academic and practical settings
▪ an exciting internationally-focused project and ambitious research team
▪ a friendly and international work environment with flexible working hours
▪ a challenging position with a high level of independence
▪ an exciting opportunity to pursue your ambitions and own interest in an entrepreneurial, societal impact or traditional academic career pathway
▪ a high-quality research environment with the possibility to make a difference
▪ a gender-friendly and disruptor-welcome workplace
Profil recherché / Compétences requises
The candidate would ideally possess:
▪ a master in science, management, economics, marketing, communication, social and organisational sciences and be able to exhibit some evidence of research excellence,
▪ a demonstrable interest in and passion for regional innovation systems, the future of universities, university-industry collaboration, entrepreneurial universities, entrepreneurial ecosystems and entrepreneurial mindsets,
▪ work experience (practical, consulting or research) in innovation, entrepreneurship, regional development, higher education management, tech transfer or ecosystem development,
▪ work experience in international project acquisition and/or management of European Erasmus+ Knowledge Alliances, Strategic Partnerships, European Universities or Horizon 2020 projects,
▪ a hands-on and outcome-orientated mentality, strong interpersonal skills and ability to work both independently as well as in a team,
▪ experience using Microsoft Office, SPSS, nvivo, MaxQDA and in handling large datasets.
▪ high spoken and written English skills (essential) as well as French language skills (advantageous).
Documents à transmettre
Applications should be submitted by 25th October 2020 and must include the
▪ A motivation letter and/or video
▪ A detailed curriculum vitae with list of publications and copies thereof, if applicable
▪ A transcript of concluded higher education studies
▪ A copy of your master thesis
We are looking forward to receiving your application or enquiries by e-mail and in English to Pr.Todd Davey (email@example.com).