Founded in 1899, the Burgundy School of Business (BSB) is a French Grande École of international education and research, member of the Conférence des Grandes Écoles and triple accredited (AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA) and is part of the elite group of business schools (1% globally) that have the triple crown. It currently welcomes around 3000 students in Dijon, Lyon and Paris and has more than 200 permanent employees.
BSB offers top quality management courses (accessible from Bac to Bac+5). The school also excels in the area of wine and spirits management with its School of Wine & Spirits Business, which is recognized worldwide and is entirely dedicated to this sector.
The Director of Research plays a strategic and operational role of scientific leadership in the BSB organizational structure, defining a vision for research and assuming its operational direction.
As a member of the Academic Committee and the Directors’ Committee, he/she is responsible for determining the strategic orientation of the research portfolio, in line with the school’s strategic plan and objectives. Reporting to the Associate Dean of Faculty and Research, he/she is responsible for the research budget.
Your main tasks will be:
1. The development and implementation of a coherent, ambitious, and sustainable research strategy for BSB:
2. Responsibility for career development and follow-up of the researchers’ scientific activities:
3. Monitoring and evaluation of research, with the help of an administrative team:
4. Identification and promotion of resources to support funded projects and to foster the emergence of innovative projects.
5. Compliance with the scientific requirements of the accreditation bodies, particularly in terms of ethics.
6. Building quality relationships with all stakeholders in the school and the academic community:
7. Active participation in the development of doctoral programs within the school (doctoral school, PhD, DBA).
The profile we are looking for: