Assistant or Associate Professor in Communication and Culture
AUDENCIA BUSINESS SCHOOL, Nantes
Présentation de l'établissement
The position is located within the Communication and Culture Department at Audencia and part of Audencia SciencesCom’s training program. Since 2017, Audencia SciencesCom is located at the Mediacampus on the Ile de Nantes, in the heart of the Creative Arts District, a creative arts breeding ground and a place for learning, sharing and manufacturing development as well as content delivery, training, research, and testing.
Audencia Business School is triple accredited (AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA), and one of the leading European and French Business Schools. The school offers a wide range of programs including MSc, MBA, Executive MBA, European Master in Management, Doctorate and Executive Education Programmes, with more than 100 core faculty members from 16 countries.
The school is located in the city of Nantes, just 2 hours away from Paris by train and serviced by an international airport. With a vibrant city life full of cultural and other events, the sandy Atlantic coast to the west of the city and rolling vineyards and royal castles to the east, it is it an ideal city to live in. Perhaps these are the reasons why Time Magazine selected Nantes as 'the most liveable city in Europe'. In addition to its pleasant environment, the city also boasts a rich economic and industrial identity. Nantes is bustling with activity, housing more than 1330 companies within the city.
Description du poste
Audencia Business School invites applications for an academic position at the rank of assistant or associate professor from scholars with research interests consistent with the areas of communication, media and culture. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Profil recherché / Compétences requises
The preferred candidates for the position will:
- hold a PhD;
- provide evidence of excellence of high-level teaching expertise and the ability to teach courses in the programme offered by Communication and Media (Audencia SciencesCom), as well as develop and teach specific courses in line with their own and others’ research interests. Courses could include ethics, semiology, research methods, methodology of communication studies, as well as more specialised courses such as content production, media innovation & strategy, and media ecosystems.
- be expected to provide leadership in the areas of teaching, curriculum development, student engagement and extra-curricular activities in communication and culture;
- have an outstanding and ongoing program of academic research and publications in top-tier journals in communication and/or cultural studies.
- be expected to contribute to outreach activities to the broader practitioner community.
- be expected to develop research projects in the Communication and Culture Department of Audencia. The 2 axes of research that the candidate would preferably take part in would be “Design and drafting of public policies” and “Media, rhetoric and practices of engagement”. Ideally, the object of research would focus on content production, traditional media, new media, audio-visual production, or related subjects.
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience and qualifications. The contract includes a number of benefits, such as research and other performance based bonuses, full family public and private insurance coverage,
Documents à transmettre
Candidates should send a digital application by email by April 20st 2019, including an application letter, a curriculum vitae (including a full list of publications), two selected publications, information regarding teaching performance, and names of two referees to André Sobczak, Audencia’s Associate Dean for Faculty and Research - email@example.com.
For more information, please contact:
Research: Delphine SAURIER, firstname.lastname@example.org
Pedagogy, development, innovation: Martha ABAD-GREBERT, email@example.com