Ph.D. position in Environmental Finance and Economics
IÉSEG School of Management, Lille
Administratif RSE / Développement durable / Environnement Finance
Présentation de l'établissement
Lille Economics and Management (LEM UMR CNRS 9221) and IÉSEG School of Management invite applications for a Ph.D. position in Environmental Finance and Economics.
ABOUT IÉSEG SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
• IÉSEG is AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA accredited and is a member of the “Conférence des Grandes Écoles.”
• IÉSEG is member of a CNRS (French National Center for Scientific Research) research lab: LEM.
• IÉSEG’s faculty is very diverse with 45 different nationalities represented.
ABOUT LILLE ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT (LEM)
• LEM is a research unit, labellised by the CNRS, associating the University of Lille and IÉSEG School of Management
• LEM comprises about 200 researchers and 100 doctoral students in economics and management.
• LEM is a young, internationally oriented and dynamic laboratory with a strong scientific ambition.
Description du poste
The selected applicant is expected to begin his/her assignment in September 2019. Gross salary will be competitive with other European research and academic institutions. The PhD student will be based in Lille (on the site of IESEG School of Management). Given its status, IESEG School of Management has no doctoral school. The selected candidate will have to enroll in PhD program in another institution (Guidance will be provided in that respect). The PhD student will get all the means and support to engage in innovative business relevant research projects with high potential to get published in international peer-reviewed journals.
Profil recherché / Compétences requises
• Applicants should have a MSc. (or be close to completion) in finance, economics, or similar. He/she is expected to possess strong analytical skills and have a commitment to research excellence.
• He/she has a deep interest in environmental finance and economics.
• He/she has a strong theoretical and empirical background.
• He/she should be curious and rigorous; He/she should also display a high level of team-spirit.
• Applicants should be preferably fluent in both English and French.
The PhD student will be supervised by Pr. Paolo Mazza.
We are looking for candidates whose research interests are at the center of the fields of finance, economics and environment. More specifically, the PhD candidate will analyze the functioning of the carbon securities’ markets worldwide. From a methodological point of view, the PhD candidate is expected to be able to deal with large database using state-of-the-art econometrical methods and softwares. He/she should have an appetence in conducting both theoretical and empirical research.
Documents à transmettre
Interested applicants must send their curriculum vitae in a PDF document bearing the applicant’s name and the reference code “FINA” reserved for this opening by e-mail at email@example.com
For any further question, please contact us by e-mail.
We will begin considering candidates immediately and will continue until the position is filled. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.